The Key Accounts Manager is responsible for developing and communicating the Regional Account Strategies for assigned regional group. Provides leadership and strategic direction within assigned area/accounts to achieve revenue or objectives. Responsible for generating existing and new sales. Creation and execution of strategic and tactical plans expand business with high-value customers. The Key Accounts Manager can work remotely and will be expected to travel up to 50%.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required.
– Developing and implementation of comprehensive contract rollout plans to insure compliance.
– Providing strategic direction for the field sales organization, which leads to increased compliance, market share and profits.
– Negotiating, developing, communicating and renewing profitable contracts with assigned accounts.
– Working with the Field Sales Team in order to facilitate contract implementation.
– Develop relationships with national/regional potential leads.
– Targeting and converting key targeted customers and shareholder opportunities.
– Communicating on GPO contracts, key target shareholder accounts, including periodic updates on status and direction.
– Promoting availability as a resource on all aspects of GPO contract negotiation and implementation.
– Working with assigned GPOs and shareholders to sell and implement value-added programs.
– Administration of contract documents, membership lists, extensions, amendments, and any special communications as it relates to GPO contracts.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
– Experience in Microsoft Office Applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
– 4+ years of sales management and contracting experience
– Develop and implement strategies/tactics for business retention and profitable growth within assigned National accounts and geography.
– Negotiate/sell deals and programs to assigned accounts.
– Training and development of field sales representatives.
– Develop and present reports, business reviews, and analysis for the National Accounts/field sales team and customers and targets.
– Implementation of national/regional GPO and key shareholder/IDN system strategy and tactics.
– Development of strategy and tactics to convert target accounts. Review opportunity plans of target accounts.