Responsible for leading a world class, high tech, manufacturing, operational, supply chain and procurement functions for the company. Ensure effective use of budgets in the spend areas that fall within the area of responsibility and continue to drive savings, value, and efficiencies.
Lead the ongoing development of company-wide manufacturing strategies (onshore, offshore, co-manufacturing) and transformation of our supply chain network along with our procurement processes with greater scale and efficiency. Partner with all levels of leadership cross-functionally to build impactful, efficient, and cost-effective supplier relationships. Provide strategic direction and continuous improvement for the manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
– Oversee day-to-day manufacturing operations.
– Define and implement operations strategy, structure, and processes.
– Manage the quarterly and annual budgeting process and P&L responsibilities.
– Monitor performance to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
– Maintain a working knowledge of all phases of operations.
– Coordinate support to operations throughout the business.
– Interview, hire, train, and mentor the operations management team.
– Provide regular performance updates to the company.
– Transform our supply chain network into a cost efficient, world class operation.
– Lead the CMO selection process in collaboration with internal stakeholders, including developing and negotiating development, technology transfer, and manufacturing/supply contracts.
– Manage the existing CMOs and distribution/logistics partners.
– Implement manufacturing operations strategy in alignment with company plan and customer needs.
– Create and execute policies and programs to maximize capacity and ensure high quality and low costs.
– Develop an adaptable organization to handle new technologies resulting from alliances from manufacturing and supply chain perspective.
– Build out yearly and quarterly business plans to support Cynosure’s revenue goals.
– Create partnerships with world class vendors and 3rd parties.
– Own the inventory management system (SAP).
– Lead and monitor production tracking and quality control systems.
– Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of manufacturing and procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage elimination.
– Ensure performance improvement and recovery plans are developed, issued, tracked and reported as required for supply base management and improvement.
– Manage material flow to ensure inventory is maintained to the optimum level of support with on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels.
– Collaborate within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing the following: commodity and negotiation strategies including Terms and Conditions, Supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of Supply chain solutions, including vendor managed inventory (VMI), supplier consignment, safety stock levels, etc.
– Set up policies in material usage, capacity planning, production methods and employee relations to enhance operation efficiency.
– Establish clear goals and objectives for the entire team.
– Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
– BS or BA required; MBA or equivalent can be a plus
– 10+ years of relevant experience in Supply Chain Management and Operational expertise, inclusive of Operations Planning, Logistics, Production Planning, Manufacturing Scheduling, Materials Planning and Procurement.
– Extensive experience in the manufacturing industry, preferably in a high tech, medical device company.
– Co-manufacturing experience required.
– Strong knowledge and experience in designing and implementing outsourced manufacturing and supply chain best practices.
– Global experience withstanding up manufacturing sites.
– Experience with ISO and/or FDA a plus.
– Mastery of a variety of Lean & continuous improvement (Lean Six Sigma Black Belt a plus)
– Proficiency with required software and technology (SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
– Knowledge and experience with MRP/ERP systems SAP required
– Proven customer centric focus: ability to influence culture and create alignment between business goals, behaviors, and systems that drive performance.
– Demonstrated ability and experience in employee relations to resolve a variety of highly complex issues and providing solutions aligned with business needs with a strong foundation in the planning of logistical business situations.
– Demonstrated strong negotiation and communication skills Contacts, Vendors, and Terms and Conditions
– Strong business acumen: an understanding of the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and revenue goals of an organization.
– Capability to articulate key issues and drive resolution with minimal oversight
– Proven track record of building scalable systems that drive down costs
– Experience in executing on a purchasing strategy that has drastically improved gross margin
– Able to navigate and work cross functionally
– Excellent decision-making and analytical skills
– Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
– Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
– Ability to hand multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines
– Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvement
– Ability to working across organizational boundaries
– Demonstrated performance as a strong team player that enjoys a fast-paced atmosphere