Endo Venous Laser Ablation Procedure (EVLA)
Minimally Invasive Laser Therapy for
WHAT IS VARICOSE VEIN?
Varicose Vein is a term that commonly refers to leg veins that have become enlarged and tortuous due to pooled blood flow instead of blood flow to the heart.
Valvular Incompetence is a condition where the valves in the vein become dysfunctional allowing blood to run backward into the lower leg.
- Varicose veins are veins that have become enlarged and tortuous due to pooled blood flow instead of blood flow to the heart
- In varicose veins the leaflets of the valves that maintain upwards flow of blood no longer meet properly
- This causes backwards flow of blood – valvular incompetence
- Damaged valves allow blood to leak backward
- Backflow causes blood to pool or collect in veins
THE RISK FACTORS FOR EVLA
HOW DOES ENDOVENOUS LASER ABLATION (EVLA) WORK?
• Reveal Lasers brings a unique combination of 1470 nm laser along with radial (360°) fibers which deliver optimal uniformity of energy deposition along the vein wall.
• This leads to a potential reduction in sticking, carbonization, and excessive thermal damage; properties of special importance when working in critical areas which are sensitive to complications.
• The 360° emission fiber is a safe and effective product for medical applications in phlebology. The ink-free laser marking eases the positioning of fibers inside the vein.
• All fibers are provided with a fused tip for extra safety during the procedure.
• The fiber is available in two configurations – 600micron compatible with 6FR introducers, and 400micron compatible with 4FR introducers and micro-puncture kits.
CHOOSING THE IDEAL WAVELENGTH
HEATING THE VEIN WALL TO ABLATION TEMPERATURE FASTER
The 1470nm wavelength is absorbed by water & NOT by hemoglobin therefore, 1470nm is ideal for soft tissue procedures. It demonstrates superficial penetration depth, resulting in ablation of the vein wall with minimal adverse effects compared to alternative methods.
The vein wall reaches ablation temperature faster, yet the energy is localized and controlled and does not generate collateral damage.
Reveal Lasers’ new state-of-the-art 1470nm Diode allows for minimally invasive endoluminal treatment of venous reflux disease. This procedure is safe and simple for all physicians, regardless of their level of experience, who want an efficient and easy-to-use technique..
OFFER BETTER QUALITY OF LIFE FOR YOUR PATIENTS
On the patient’s side, you can offer a safe and shorter procedure, at times with local anesthesia only, reduced and quick recovery times and almost no side effects.
• Virtually painless
• Fast treatment, lasts up to 30 min
• The patient can return to normal activities immediately